The Office of Academic Support has put together “quick tip” resources that are tailored specifically to Hopkins students!
Time Management and Overcoming Procrastination
- Time management – Are you looking for better ways to manage your time between classes, clubs, research, etc?
- How do you spend your time? – Keep track of your schedule for a week to figure out how you are budgeting your time.
- Weekly schedule – Plan out your week to better manage your time!
- Setting SMART Goals – Overcome procrastination by giving yourself a focused direction and an action plan.
- Procrastination – Having trouble getting motivated?
- Is my procrastination a problem? – Take this quiz to find out!
- Don’t procrastinate, Prioritize! – Use an Eisenhower Decision Matrix to sort your to-do list and increase your productivity.
- Prioritization tool – Need to determine which tasks to work on first
Targeted Academic Skills
- The Study Cycle – Become a more effective learner and build studying into your daily routine
- Note taking – Need some note-taking advice?
- Active reading strategies – How to get the most out of your readings
- Writing papers – This guide will assist you with organizing your thoughts, creating an outline, writing your draft and constructing your final paper.
- Study skills – What skills are essential for being prepared for class?
- The Importance of Sleep – This graphic shows how sleep deprivation can affect your ability to learn (see also: Sleeping Through College)
Course Content Study Guides
Please note: some of these guides are professor specific.