The Study Consulting Program helps undergraduate students strengthen their academic skills, adjust to the increased demands of college, and fulfill their academic potential. Study consultants are not tutors, but will help you with academic skills that will help you in all courses.
Ideally, we like students to enter the program at the beginning of the semester. However, students may make intake appointments and are accepted into the program at any time!
Need advice, but not looking for a long-term commitment? Please consider using our drop in consultations on Zoom. Study consultants will be available on Friday afternoons from 2-4pm EST and Sunday evenings from 7-9pm EST. Please click here for access to the Zoom links.
How Consultations Work
You will be expected to meet with your consultant one hour each week and try different strategies and techniques until you discover the ones that work best for you. We recommend being open to your consultant’s suggestions, but you are not required to follow them.
To obtain an individual study consultant for the semester:
The first step is to make an appointment with the program director, Dr. Sharleen Argamaso. ADVITE Scheduler allows you to view appointment availability, schedule and cancel appointments, and receive appointment confirmations and reminders. To schedule an appointment, please follow the directions below:
- Log into ADVITE Scheduler and select Study Consulting from the drop down at the bottom where it says Select an Advisor.
- Open appointments are indicated by white spaces on the calendar.
- Highlight the time-slot you would like to reserve by holding down your mouse button and trace out the time-slot on the calendar itself, or you may use the Reserve Appointment function on the menu. Intake appointments generally last 30 minutes.
- Enter information in the fields, using “Intake for Study Consulting” in the “Purpose of Meeting” box, and press Submit.
- You should receive a confirmation email, as well as a reminder 24 hours prior to your meeting.
Prior to your appointment you will receive a link to our intake form, along with a Zoom invitation from our office. Please complete this form prior to your appointment, we will use it to discuss your study habits and expectations of the Study Consulting Program.
Appointments made on Mondays and Tuesdays will take place over Zoom. If you make an appointment on Thursday or Friday, you will have the option to meet in person and can indicate this on your intake form. Our office is located in Wyman Park Building, Suite W500.
As a participant in the program, you commit to meeting with your consultant on a weekly basis.
What if I find the program is not for me?
Not a problem! Simply send an email to the program director and your assigned consultant saying that you wish to exit the program.